How to protect yourself from Coronavirus .
The MERS virus, ( Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome) or more commonly known as Coronavirus we talked about in a previous article is spreading lot of fear among the population in all the middle east and especially in the gulf countries.
Last week they talked about the first case in Lebanon, confirmed by the health Minister Wael Abu Faour. “For the sake of transparency toward the Lebanese public, and the responsibility and concern for the safety and health of the Lebanese, this afternoon one case of a patient was diagnosed with the coronavirus, and he is being treated at one of the hospitals,” Abu Faour said in a statement.
“This has led to a significant improvements in the patient’s health and he was allowed to leave the hospital,” Abu Faour said. He added that the Health Ministry was also following up on epidemiological investigations and surveillance to ensure the virus does not spread across Lebanon.
As Faour also said, no need to panic about it. In this article we give the main 6 ways to protect yourself from the virus, and we suggest that you check your doctor when you see any of the symptoms mentioned in the article we mentioned previously.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact, such as kissing, sharing cups, or sharing eating utensils, with sick people.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as toys and doorknobs.
• Dont forget put on face-masks if you are sick or visiting sick patients